Sunday 14 March 2010

My 31st Birthday


I am a big fan of spoiling other people for their birthday and don't usually like a fuss for mine but I must admit I enjoyed being spoilt yesterday. I have come a long way since my last birthday, married, pregnant, moved to Brazil and now about to become a mother for the first time. I have everything I could have ever wished for and more.

My special day started out with birthday wishes after midnight from Andre. I got up at 8:30 for my usual corn flakes and 2 milks (soy and sabor doce de leite). Messias greeted me and wished me a happy birthday. I have been reading New Moon and spent half an hour reading after breakfast and then had to get dressed for my professional photo shoot. Andre needed a hair cut prior to the photo shoot so we stopped by the hair dresses then over to the studio in central.

Iracema was already there getting the final touches of her hair and make up as she was getting photos taken to. I was next in the make up chair. I was surprised to see a man doing the hair and makeup and he is very good, the best I have come across so far. He curled my hair first then worked on my makeup, it felt so good to be pampered, like a princess. The photographer was good, he took some amazing shots. I cannot wait to see them all. It was a little weird getting my gear off and and flashing my boobies in front of other men but Andre assured me both photographer and make artist are gay.

After the shoot it was straight home for lunch and a nap. In the evening Andre and I went out for dinner at Rondon Plaza. I finally ate salmon after 4 months of not having any. It was amazing and I never wanted the eating to end. However I cannot eat as much as I use to with the baby taking up all my insides. I felt bad that I could not eat it all. I could have gone to sleep after eating, my belly was full and I was completely satisfied. We went to Americanas to cool down, their air conditioning is fantastic. I got to pick any chocolate from "Cocoa Show" for my present, I found a 70% dark chocolate egg mmmmmmm.

I had a funny suspicion that a party was being organized back at the house as Andre received many phone calls asking when we would be home. At home I walked in the house and the kitchen light was off so I knew they were all there waiting for me. I walked in and the singing started, bubbles filled the kitchen and there was a huge ice cream cake with many candles lit. I took my place next to the cake and once the singing came to a halt I blew out my candles. Jerusa's Diego was there with his brother and friend and a couple of Iracema's friends from work all wished me a happy birthday and the family gave me presents.

From Lou I received a summer PJ set, Graziela, Diego and Jerusa got me a baby album. Messias brought me Boticário Mamma Bella oil and relaxing jell, perfect timing as I was about to run out. And if Iracema had not already given me more than enough with an amazing photo shoot, she also brought me dressy flip flops. I had to laugh when I opened the box because I had seen these very shoes in the shop window and thought how hideous they were and questioned Andre who would actually buy then. Here they were in front of me, but I know you never judge a book by its cover so I slipped then on and it was like walking on clouds. They were very comfortable and I fell in love with them.

The ice cream cake was very delicious, Andre had two servings. I felt tired after such a big day and thanked everyone and had to make my way up to get ready for bed at 10 pm. Just before I went to bed Daniel came on-line and I had a little chat to him then lights out for me. It was an amazing birthday and I will never forget it. I am 31 years old now, I have to get use to saying that.





No comments: